Clearances for Employees/Volunteers
(FCSD Board Protocols for Clearances--Click here)
Act 153 defines volunteers as any adult coming in direct contact with children.
All volunteers who are subject to background check clearances are required to re-certify their clearances every FIVE years.
Act 153 requires volunteers to obtain the following clearances:
1. Criminal History from the Pennsylvania State Police: Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
There is NO CHARGE for requests for the purpose of volunteering. When you visit the website, click the yellow box "New Record Check" (Volunteers only).
2. Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services: Apply online at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home.
Once you create an account you will receive an email with your password.
Log in to the website and complete the clearance application.
There is NO COST for volunteers.
Verification can take up to 14 days and applicants can choose to receive notification via email, mailed to their home address, or both.
3. FBI fingerprint-based federal criminal history submitted through IdentoGo:
Applicants MUST register online (go to www.identogo.com and click on the blue box at the right top of the page that says Get Fingerprinted).
Select a fingerprinting Service by State.
Select digital fingerprinting.
Enter the Service Code for the following:
Select Schedule or Manage Appointment
Accept the terms and then fill out requested information click NEXT.
You will be asked to choose a location and an appointment time.
Applicants must provide proof of identity upon arrival at the Fingerprint Center (a state issued drivers’ license, state I.D card, passport, etc.) and a credit card. NO CASH IS ACCEPTED AT SITE.
After being fingerprinted, applicants must provide the district with their UEID number at ther top of their receipt. The district will then obtain the original clearance via the website.
4. Act 24 reporting an arrest must be signed and submitted to the district; form can be downloaded at Act 24 Form
5. Mandated Reporter Training certificate must be submitted to the district for all employees and volunteers with "direct" contact with students (volunteers including but not limited to field trips, coaching, chaperones...) Mandated Reporter Training
There is no charge for Mandated Reporter training. If you are new to the site, please click on the "Registration" tab in the upper left corner of the page to begin.
All paperwork must be submitted to Mrs. Pam Staley, Interim Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent, before permission to volunteer is granted. Mrs. Staley can be reached at 724.796.1551 ext 2421 or email@example.com___________________________________________________________________________Web Links to Obtain Forms or Register OnlineLinks to Paper Forms To Mail InAct 34 - State Police Criminal Check (volunteer)