Governance & By-Laws
Our PTO is both a public nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation and (approval pending) an approved Educational Improvement Organization (EIO) as designated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. We are organized exclusively for the charitable, scientific, literary, and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(C)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The programs we run enrich the educational opportunities for the students of Fort Cherry.
Our nonprofit status enables the PTO to:
- Receive tax-deductible donations from individuals, businesses, and other organizations
- Apply for grants – small and large
- Provide grant funding to Fort Cherry School District to implement educational improvement programs
- Be exempt from paying federal taxes on the funds we raise for educational, organizational, and leadership purposes.
Board of Directors
The PTO is run by an Executive Board, with representation from all facets of the Fort Cherry community.
2020-2021President Nikki SarchetVice President Caitlin BaumanVice President Gerri DiazVice President Dana GluntVice President Heather RohaleyVice President Heather MendozaVice President Callie ShattuckTreasurer Patty Lin GrowdenSecretary Juliann Sepesy
PTO officers and executive board members may be reached by calling the Elementary Center office at (724) 796-1551.
Please feel free to contact us at any time.
Shrinking budgets. Increasing class sizes. Government mandates. The challenges of delivering quality education are daunting. There is help. It’s the PTO.
- Our PTO exists to promote children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement. We supplement and enhance the educational environment and programs within our school. We act as partners with the school to help make every child’s potential a reality.
- Our PTO supports innovative programs or projects not part of the regular academic curriculum. The PTA’s role is to bring together ideas, people and resources to implement innovative programs that enrich the educational opportunities for students of Fort Cherry.
- Our PTO speaks on behalf of the children and youth in our schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting our children.
- Our PTO assists parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children
- Our PTO encourages parent and public involvement in our schools.
How to Get Involved in PTO
Parent, family, and teacher involvement has been shown to improve student success and school quality. More than 30 years of research has proven there are profound and comprehensive benefits. Find out how you can become involved. There are opportunities for everyone – from “behind the scenes” to running a program or just coming to a meeting.
PTO officers and executive board members may be reached by calling the
Elementary Center Office at 724.796.1551 ext. 2000
PTO Meeting Schedule (VIRTUAL for 20-21 SY)7 PM
The Zoom link is :
85265339530?pwd= UjhjUDJQdUliNUs2L290bDNQaXRmZz 09
Meeting ID: 852 6533 9530 Passcode: 7LQPcn
Phone in at +1 646 558 8656; Meeting ID: 852 6533 9530 Passcode: 232116For more information regarding the PTO, visit the links to the left.