The children are our focus…working together is our method.
The mission of the Fort Cherry School District is to create a learning community committed to providing our students with the skills, knowledge, and opportunities to be productive and successful citizens in a global society.
The vision of the Fort Cherry School District is to establish a collaborative community supporting, engaging, and challenging our students to develop a life-long quest for knowledge and success.
The Fort Cherry School District believes that:
• Learning is a life-long personal journey supported through "whole child" development both at home and school
• All students are capable of learning and share in the responsibility of their own growth and success
• Collaborative partners in our educational process include all district staff, students, families, and communities
• Diverse opportunities related to the arts, technological innovation, athletics, and extracurricular activities empower students to explore their talents and interests
• Trust, compassion, and sincerity foster respectful and dynamic learning environments
• Committed leadership; effective curricula and instruction; high expectations and rigor; and responsible utilization of resources enhance educational settings 9
• Optimal learning occurs when students feel safe, secure, and respected
• Effective balance between educational needs and budgetary revenues drives responsible fiscal decisions