Hello and Welcome Back!
I would like to introduce myself as one of your child's teachers. I am excited about working with your child as well as looking forward to a productive year. My expectations for my students are simple. I want them to work hard in class, be prepared, and cooperate by following all my rules and procedures. In return, the students will be rewarded.
If at any time you would like to contact me to discuss any concerns, please feel free to do so. I can be reached by calling the high school office at (724) 796-1551. If I am unavailable, the office secretaries will gladly take a message that I will return at the first available opportunity. However, the easiest way to reach me is by email at email@example.com.
Grading Policy and Homework
- Everything that you complete in class will be collected and points will be earned. This means projects, independent and group assignments, quizzes, and tests.
- At the end of the nine weeks, points may be added to your grade only if you have shown participation and cooperation in class. This will be done when you are very close to the next letter grade.
- When homework is given, it will always be worth something!
- If you are absent, you will be given your work when you return to school. It will be your responsibility to do the work by the due date given to you.
- Follow all rules in the Fort Cherry Code of Conduct.
- Cell phones are to be turned off and put away. No texting or using social media is permitted in this class.
- Bring all materials to class and be in your seat when the bell rings.
- Please be respectful of your teacher and classmates. When another student is sharing his or her thoughts or ideas, please listen and be respectful.
- Participate in class, complete all assignments, and contribute to class discussions.